18 July 2008

another day in the life

Bret’s recent blog entry gives a lovely visual look at our life here in this compound-o-fun.

Here are a few new snaps from within and around the compound as accouterments:
out my window II
on my walk II
full

Below are some neighbours and their homes; I love the decorative effect, seen clearly on the pre-roof-addition new construction, and the innovative (read: oil-can-come-bong) water pipe that Madame was so eager to have photographed:
under construction II
lovely tukul.
under construction I
demonstrating in the cornfields
water pipe
siblings, hand in hand I

Minarets beautifully adorn these tukuls. I don’t know where they come from.
minaret I
minaret II

And finally – how I’m really spending my internship:

step into the mud barhow i spent my summer internship III

No comments: