28 February 2007

backlog, feb 19

Monday Feb. 19:

Favorite part about work at CARE HQ in Kla: the magical office space they initially gave me. Every time I pass the bushes a swarm of butterflies (most likely moths) come out in droves. I’m talking at least 30 of them at a time. They flick about romantically, sometimes finding their way inside of the office, which is kept open at all times.

img5095

Least favorite part about work in CARE HQ in Kla: the consistently awful music being played at either the neighboring hotel restaurant or the neighboring hotel construction site. I’m talking bad, bad music. Eminiem, on repeat. Celine Dion. Mariah Carey; Christina Aguilera. And I’m talking LOUD. So loud that the windows reverberate with the decibels. Ridiculous. But at the same time slightly awesome, in an ironic, I’m in Africa sort of way.

No comments: